2017 – 2018
We will receive £19,190 for the academic Year 2017/18, which will be used to employ a specialist PE teacher (0.2fte) to develop and add to the PE and sports activities that we already offer.
We will spend the remainder of this allocation to contribute to the building of a new dance studio, which will build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The impact of these investments will be to:
- Enhance or extend current sporting and health promoting opportunities
- Support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports clubs
- Enter or host more sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the ‘School Games’ events
- Encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
2016 – 2017
We received £9,762 for the academic Year 2016 – 17, which funded a PE teacher (0.2fte), to improve the quality of PE and sport provision in the following ways:
- Delivered sports training sessions and competed in local tournaments.
- Provided an extensive selection of sports activities.
- Leased a school minibus to provide transport to and from sports events.
- Increased participation of pupils in extra-curricular sports clubs and local tournaments.
- Improved accessibility to sports events and tournaments and raised the profile of PE both within school and in the community.